Author Topic: VC Sync with Yahoo! Messenger Conference  (Read 905 times)

Offline blindn1eye

VC Sync with Yahoo! Messenger Conference
« on: December 22, 2012, 11:35:09 pm »
Since Yahoo! closed public chat rooms you might want to keep VC Sync for Messenger conferences. Some of my Yahoo "buddies" are now trying to exploit voice in conference and VC Sync offers the same protection as it did in public chat rooms.
 Just a heads up, and thanks Adam and Brock for all the years of clean Yahoo products.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Adam X

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • "I can hit a target through a telescope!"
Re: VC Sync with Yahoo! Messenger Conference
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:53:11 am »
You're welcome, and yes, I knew this was coming after the rooms closed (to the non-Japanese anyway). Both YTK and VC Sync with voice lag protection enabled will defeat the lagging. VC Sync CE (freeware) has been free since March of 2010 so yeah it'll continue to work with Messenger and 3rd party chat clients that have voice conference support (the ones written in .NET can have incompatibilities but it's fixable in the .NET compiler options).

*Note* The application (Messenger or any other calling application to Yacscom.dll build 50) can be crashed very easily if the DSP Group's TrueSpeech codec isn't installed. The installer (for Vista OS's and newer) is linked to (over at bytescribe.com) on this forum along with some other information. You'll all want to make sure that you have the TSP codec installed and you're using either YTK or VC Sync's voice lag protection (do NOT use both together, they both do the same thing).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:56:48 am by Adam »