Author Topic: Yahoo! Cam Server Change Causing WPV False-Positives + Fix  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Adam X

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • "I can hit a target through a telescope!"
Yahoo! Cam Server Change Causing WPV False-Positives + Fix
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:31:53 am »
I just noticed that Yahoo! has now ditched their old RE2 webcam servers in favor of new ones, just as they did with their old MUD webcam servers months back. The RE2 webcam servers can still be used, for now, but will cause false positives with YTK's Webcam Presence Verification scanning feature due to the new family of servers that Yahoo! now wants us to primarily use. If you've noticed that real webcam users have been auto-ignored in the last day or two then this would be why. Plugging in their new webcam lookup server's hostname will fix the issue and no more false positives will occur.

Here's a temporary fix until the next build of YTK Enhanced is released --> http://ytkpro.com/Cam_Server_Update.zip

Simply extract the Cam_Server_Update.cmd program from the zip file and run it. You won't be prompted for any input. After you run the program your Webcam Presence Scanning Primary Lookup Server should now show this one instead...

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:42:11 am by Adam »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter